Form I-485

  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Form I-485

Who is eligible to file Form I-485 to adjust status?

Not anybody can file Form I-485 to adjust status to permanent resident (green card holder). Eligibility for Form I-485 depends on several criteria based on the specific eligibility category selected.
  • 0
  • 512

I have a K-1 fiancé visa. How do I adjust status?

To adjust status as a K-1 fiancé, it’s very important that you marry your U.S. citizen fiancé within 90 days of entering the United States and submit a carefully prepared I-485 adjustment of status packet.
  • 0
  • 382

Can I travel before my Form I-485 is approved?

Generally, Adjustment of Status applicants who want to travel before Form I-485 is approved must obtain an advance parole document first. Without advance parole, the applicant may not be able to return to the United States and the I-485 will be abandoned.
  • 0
  • 353

Should I include children on Form I-485?

When preparing an Adjustment of Status application it's necessary to list children on Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. But each child will need to have a separate I-485 applications if they are immigrating with you.
  • 0
  • 506

How much does it cost to adjust status with Form I-485?

The cost to adjust status to permanent resident (green card holder) includes several USCIS forms. Additionally, there may be a medical exam and travel expenses that go beyond the cost of filing Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status.
  • 0
  • 493