General Immigration Questions

  1. Home
  2. Learning Center
  3. General Immigration Questions

What is Form AR-11?

Foreign nationals residing in the United States use Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address, to report a change of address with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). … Continue Reading →

What is Form G-1145?

Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, is an optional form that is used to request an electronic notification (text and/or email) when USCIS accepts your immigration application. … Continue Reading →

Where can I find my Social Security Number?

A Social Security number (SSN) is a nine-digit number that is generally issued to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and certain (working) nonimmigrants. You can find the number on a Social Security card and other documents.… Continue Reading →

Guidelines for Signing USCIS Forms

Generally, all USCIS applications and petitions require an original “wet ink” signature. Use black ink and sign as you would sign with the name you would use for any legal document. Here are some guidelines for signing USCIS forms.… Continue Reading →

Your Green Card Number Explained

Your green card number is a unique 13-number that refers to your immigration case. It’s different than your alien registration number (A-Number) or USCIS number. You can find it on your green card.… Continue Reading →

What are the U visa requirements?

The U visa is a nonimmigrant visa that is reserved for victims of crime who assist law enforcement. The must be willing to assist law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.… Continue Reading →

Border Crossing Card Explained

A border crossing card (BCC) is an immigration identification card for Mexican citizens to temporarily visit the United States. It is basically a B-1/B-2 visa with certain privileges and restrictions.… Continue Reading →

What is a matrícula consular card?

The Mexican government’s consulate offices will issue the matrícula consular card to Mexican nationals living outside of Mexico. See how it helps Mexican nationals living in the United States.… Continue Reading →