Green card renewal/replacement questions and FAQs for preparing an Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- What is Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card?
- How long does it take to renew/replace a green card?
- How much does it cost to renew a green card?
- What is class of admission on Form I-90?
- What is date of admission on Form I-90?
Questions about becoming a U.S. citizen through naturalization and preparing a Form N-400 application
- What is Form N-400, Application for Naturalization?
- How much does it cost to become a U.S. citizen?
- What are the benefits of naturalization?
- Am I eligible to become a U.S. citizen?
- What are the residency requirements for U.S. citizenship?
Helping a relative get a green card and questions about preparing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
- What is Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative?
- Do I need to submit Form G-325A with the I-130 petition?
- Do you have a sample I-130 petition?
- What is class of admission on Form I-130?
- How do I enter the beneficiary’s native written language in Part 4?
Adjustment of status questions and issues when preparing Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status
- What is Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status?
- Who is eligible to file Form I-485 to adjust status?
- Is there a COVID-19 vaccine waiver for immigrants?
- When can I file my I-485 adjustment of status application?
- How much does it cost to adjust status with Form I-485?
Common questions related to work permits and Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
- What is Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization?
- What is an Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766)?
- Will I get a Social Security number when filing Form I-765?
- Do I need to complete Form I-765WS?
- What is “Date of Your Last Arrival” on Form I-765?
Questions about sponsoring a relative for a green card and preparing Form I-864
- What is Form I-864, Affidavit of Support?
- Federal Poverty Guidelines for Sponsors, Explained
- What is the income requirement to sponsor a relative for a green card?
- Can I use property and assets to sponsor with I-864?
- What is a joint sponsor on the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support?
Common questions related to K-1 fiancé visas, K-3 spouse visas, and preparing Form I-129F
- What is Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé?
- What is an International Marriage Broker?
- What is a fiancé visa?
- What is a K-3 visa?
- How much does a K-1 visa cost?
Conditional residency and questions about preparation of the I-751 petition
- What is Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence?
- What is a conditional green card?
- When can I file Form I-751 to remove conditions on residence?
- Is there an interview after filing Form I-751?
- My spouse won’t sign Form I-751. What should I do?
Questions about replacing a Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship with Form N-565
- What is Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document?
- What is a Certificate of Naturalization?
- What is a Certificate of Citizenship?
- What can I do if my naturalization certificate has incorrect information?
- Where is my Certificate of Naturalization number?
Questions related to making a claim to U.S. citizenship with Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- What is Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship?
- Am I eligible for a Certificate of Citizenship and what are the requirements?
- My parent is a U.S. citizen. Am I also U.S. citizen?
- My parent lost a citizenship document. How do I prove he or she is a U.S. citizen?
- What if the supporting documents required for N-600 are not available?
About the Freedom of Information Act and how to make a FOIA request with Form G-639
- What is Form G-639, Freedom of Information Act Request?
- What is an alien file (A-file)?
- What is the cost of an immigration FOIA request (Form G-639)?
- How do I make a FOIA request for a child?
- How to prepare Form G-639, FOIA Request
Common travel document questions and information about preparing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
- What is Form I-131, Application for Travel Document?
- What is an Advance Parole Document?
- What is a Reentry Permit?
- What is a Refugee Travel Document?
- How does an adjustment of status applicant get the Form I-131 fee waived?
Losing a green card while outside the United States and questions about preparing Form I-131A
- What is Form I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)?
- How do I fill out Form I-131A for carrier documentation?
- What is the Form I-131A fee?
- Do I need to file Form I-131A for an expired green card outside the United States?
- How long does it take to approve Form I-131A?
Questions about preparing Form I-821D and FAQs about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program
- What is Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals?
- What is Deferred Action?
- What are the eligibility requirements for DACA?
- How much does DACA cost?
- Do you have a sample cover letter for DACA renewal?
Questions about Temporary Protected Status and filing an initial or re-registration Form I-821 application
- What is Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status?
- What are the benefits of Temporary Protected Status?
- What is continuous physical presence for TPS?
- What is the continuous residence requirement for TPS?
- What are the eligibility requirements for TPS?