1. Home
  2. Learning Center
  3. Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130)
  4. Do I need to submit Form G-325A with the I-130 petition?

Do I need to submit Form G-325A with the I-130 petition?

It’s not necessary to prepare and submit Form G-325A, Biographic Information, with your I-130 petition. Form G-325A was previously a requisite form when filing Form I-130 on behalf of a spouse. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) discontinued use of Form G-325A with the I-130 petition in early 2017. But there is a new form.

Mistakes on your I-130 can cause costly delays or a denial.
Prepare your I-130 petition correctly and affordably with CitizenPath. The attorney-reviewed software guides you through the petition and provides help to answer questions like this one. And personalized filing instructions help you to file your petition today knowing that you did everything right! No credit card or signup required to get started. Try it before you buy it >>

Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary

Form G-325A has been replaced by Form I-130A. Starting with the 02/27/17 edition of Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, the petitioner who is filing on behalf of a spouse must also submit Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary.

The petitioner submits Form I-130A along with the Form I-130. However, the I-130A is for the beneficiary information only. In other words, the U.S. citizen or permanent resident petition does not need to fill out Form I-130A with his or her own information.

If you are petitioning a child, parent, or sibling, you do not need to submit Form I-130A.

Source: USCIS