1. Home
  2. Learning Center
  3. Remove Conditions on Residence Questions (Form I-751)
  4. Do you have a sample cover letter to submit with Form I-751?

Do you have a sample cover letter to submit with Form I-751?

i-751 sample cover letterCitizenPath has created a I-751 sample cover letter to help you file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. You are not required to use a cover letter when filing Form I-751. However, a cover letter can be helpful if have unusual circumstances or want to itemize the evidence submitted to support your petition.

Always keep your cover letter short and simple. Include the vital information such as your name and alien registration number. Be concise when explaining the purpose of the letter.

I-751 Sample Cover Letter

Use this sample I-751 cover letter as a guide. Do not submit this letter without updating it to fit your specific situation. The example also includes references to a conditional permanent resident child. If you are not filing with a child, you can remove this reference.

You may want to simply itemize the contents of your petition package. Or you can use the cover letter to bring information to the attention of the USCIS officer who will be reviewing your case.

Mistakes on your I-751 petition can cause costly delays or a denial.
Prepare your I-751 petition correctly and affordably with CitizenPath. The attorney-reviewed software guides you through the petition and provides help to answer questions like this one. And personalized filing instructions help you to file your petition today knowing that you did everything right! No credit card or signup required to get started. Try it before you buy it >>

Where to Address Your Cover Letter for Form I-751

Address your letter to the same address that you file Form I-751. Refer to the USCIS instructions for your applicable filing address. Or if you’ve used CitizenPath to prepare your I-751 petition, refer to the custom filing instructions for the USCIS mailing address.

RECOMMENDED: Documents to Submit with Form I-751

Source: USCIS