1. Home
  2. Learning Center
  3. Petition for Alien Fiancé (Form I-129F)
  4. What evidence should I submit with Form I-129F?

What evidence should I submit with Form I-129F?

evidence to submit with form I-129FIn addition to the recommended K-1 declaration, there are several supporting documents and evidence to submit with Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, when requesting a K-1 visa. When you prepare your petition through CitizenPath, we will generate personalized filing instructions based on your specific situation. However, there are some items that all petitioners must send.

Your statements in the petition and the K-1 declaration need to be corroborated with evidence. That means you should provide evidence that shows it’s more than likely a true statement of facts.

RECOMMENDED: Sample K-1 Declaration

Evidence of Intent to Marry Within 90 Days

Submit evidence that you and your fiancé intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé’s entry as a K-1 nonimmigrant. In addition to the K-1 declaration, you are encouraged to submit additional evidence if available. Examples of acceptable documents may include but are not limited to:

  • Wedding announcements
  • Receipts or communications with wedding vendors
  • A letter from a religious leader who will perform the ceremony
Mistakes on your I-129F petition can cause costly delays or a denial.
Prepare Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, correctly and affordably with CitizenPath. The attorney-reviewed software guides you through the petition and provides help to answer questions like this one. And personalized filing instructions help you to file your petition today knowing that you did everything right! No credit card or signup required to get started. Try it before you buy it >>

Evidence of In-Person Meeting

Submit evidence that you and your fiancé met in person during the two-year period immediately before you filed Form I-129F. In addition to the declaration, you are highly encouraged to submit additional evidence that corroborates your statement. Examples of acceptable documents may include:

  • A copy of airline ticket stubs that include the passenger’s name, date and flight information
  • Airline ticket receipt that indicates the month, day and year of the flight ticket purchase, passenger name, and itinerary
  • Copies of passport pages showing the stamps from when you traveled to see each other
  • Military orders or letter from a commanding officer indicating the military member’s presence in a particular location on a given date
  • Photos of you together with the date and location written on the back of the photo
  • Credit card receipts that corroborate your visits or time spent together
  • Any other documents that you believe demonstrates an in-person meeting

Evidence of U.S. Citizenship

Submit proof that you are a U.S. citizen. Provide one of the following documents:

  • A copy of your birth certificate, issued by a civil registrar, vital statistics office, or other civil authority showing that you were born in the United States.
  • A copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS or the former INS.
  • A copy of Form FS-240, Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), issued by a U.S. embassy or U.S. consulate.
  • A copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued with a validity period of at least five years.
  • An original statement from a U.S. consular officer verifying that you are a U.S. citizen with a valid passport.

This article covers required evidence that all petitioners must send. Based on your answers or special circumstances, there are likely additional evidence that you must submit with Form I-129F. Your CitizenPath filing instructions will cover these supporting documents in detail.

RECOMMENDED: Biggest Mistakes in the K-1 Visa Process

Source: USCIS