How do I attach additional records to my N-400 application?

  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Application for Naturalization & U.S. Citizenship (Form N-400)
  4. How do I attach additional records to my N-400 application?

Attaching Additional Records to Form N-400

In many cases you may have more information than can fit into the standard space provided on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. This is especially common for:

  • Travel records
  • Previous addresses
  • Previous employers

USCIS requires most applicants to include five years of history for each. When your records do not fit the limited space on Form N-400, you’ll need to include the information in an organized way. Failure to present the information neatly can lead to confusion. For USCIS, confusion results in a Request for Evidence or even a rejection.

N-400 Attachment Sample

The N-400 instructions indicate that you will need to use a separate sheet of paper and attach it to your application. To make the process a little easier, CitizenPath provides a downloadable Microsoft Word template.

The template is a starting point. You can delete sections that you do not need. If you are creating your own attachment sheet, be sure to include your full name and alien registration number on each sheet.

We have a separate knowledge base article for applicants with regular and frequent trips that are too numerous to list individually.

Did you know minor mistakes on your Form N-400 application can cause costly delays and rejections? Prepare your N-400 quickly and correctly with CitizenPath. The attorney-reviewed software guides you through the application and provides help to answer questions like this one. And personalized filing instructions help you to file your application today knowing that you did everything right! No credit card or signup required to try it. Get started now >>

How to Submit the N-400 Attachment Sheet(s)

When filing your application for naturalization, include this sheet directly behind your completed Form N-400. Mail the application to the address that corresponds with your state (as described on or refer to your CitizenPath filing instructions.

Source: USCIS