CitizenPath recognizes immigrant birthdays this week for famous, respected and accomplished immigrant Americans.
These are just some of the immigrants that make the USA great. Imagine how immigration reform could help the best and brightest doctors, engineers, entertainers and entrepreneurs stay in the U.S.
This week’s list includes immigrants from Bolivia, Denmark, England, Guatemala, India, the Philippines and Wales. Can you name them all?
The following immigrant Americans have a birthday:
- 12/29 – Filipino American who received the Medal of Honor in World War II
- 12/29 – Filipino American poet who writes about the Filipino Diaspora
- 12/30 – Danish American computer scientist who created C++ computer language
- 12/30 – English American actress with her own comedy series in the late 80’s
- 12/30 – Indian American co-founder and early CEO of Hotmail
- 12/31 – Bolivian American educator made famous in Stand and Deliver
- 12/31 – British American actor best remembered for The Silence of the Lambs
- 12/31 – Filipino American pro volleyball player who competed in the 1988 Olympics
- 1/1 – Guatemalan American Marine rifleman killed in action in Iraq
Get their names and see all famous immigrant birthdays in December.